§ 5000. Definitions
“Cannabis waste” means waste that is not hazardous waste, as defined in Public Resources Code section 40141, that contains cannabis and that has been made unusable and unrecognizable in the manner prescribed in sections 5054 and 5055 of this division.
§ 5049. Track and Trace Reporting
If cannabis goods are being destroyed or disposed of, the licensee shall record in the track and trace system the following additional information:
- The name of the employee performing the destruction or disposal.
- The reason for destruction or disposal.
- The name of the entity being used to collect and process cannabis waste, pursuant to section 5055.
§ 5054. Destruction of Cannabis Products Prior to Disposal
No cannabis goods shall be disposed of as cannabis waste pursuant to section 5055 of this division unless the cannabis goods have been removed from their packaging and rendered unrecognizable and unusable.
§ 5055. Cannabis Waste Management
A licensee may not sell cannabis waste.
Licensees shall comply with all applicable waste management laws including, but not limited to, Division 30 of the Public Resources Code.
A licensee shall dispose of cannabis waste in a secured waste receptacle or in a secured area on the licensed premises. For the purposes of this section, “secure waste receptacle” or “secured area” means that physical access to the receptacle or area is restricted to the licensee and its employees and the local agency, local agency franchiser, or permitted private waste hauler. Public access to the designated receptacle or area is prohibited.
If a local agency, a local agency franchiser, or permitted private waste hauler is being used to collect and process cannabis waste, a licensee shall do all the following:
• Provide the Bureau with the name of the entity hauling the waste;
• Obtain documentation from the entity hauling the waste that indicates the date and time of each collection of cannabis waste at the licensed premises; and
• Obtain a copy of the certified weight ticket, or other documentation prepared by the entity hauling the waste confirming receipt of the cannabis waste at one, or more, of the following solid waste facilities:
• A manned fully permitted solid waste landfill or transformation facility;
• A manned fully permitted composting facility or manned composting operation;
• A manned fully permitted in-vessel digestion facility or manned in-vessel digestion operation;
• A manned fully permitted transfer/processing facility or manned transfer/processing Operation; or
• A manned fully permitted chip and grind operation.
• If a licensee is self-hauling cannabis waste to one, or more, of the solid waste facilities in subsection (e)(3) of this section, a licensee shall obtain for each delivery of cannabis waste by the licensee a copy of a certified weight ticket or receipt documenting delivery from the solid waste facility. Only the licensee or its employees may transport self-hauled cannabis waste.
§ 5502. Cultivation Plan Requirements
A cultivation plan shall include all of the following:
• Designated composting area(s) if the licensee will compost plant or cannabis waste on site;
• Designated secured area(s) for cannabis waste if different than subsection (a)(6) above;
§ 5505. Cultivation Records for Licensees Engaging in Cultivation Activities
Records associated with the composting or disposal of cannabis waste.